*Downloads Tinder because #LockdownAndLonely*
*Gets a message*
Him: ‘Hey, if Covid-19 doesn’t take you out, can I?’
Downloading of dating apps have definitely spiked over this lockdown period, and the quality of pick up lines has definitely decreased…
But, if you are single and wanting to mingle-lockdown is a reality that leaves you no choice but to join a houseparty instead (Not sponsored). The other alternative is joining a social network app like Zoom with your buddies while you chat over a bottle of wine…or 2.
But life still carries on and you wonder about the fact that if your chances of meeting someone before lock down were slim, how much more impossible do they seem now?
Why not try online dating?
- For one, there’s no dilemma around, ‘should I go home with him/her after the first date?’
- Secondly, there is a chance for you to strike up some really lovely conversation, as long as the other person is honest and wants the same thing as you.
- If your’e looking for some sexy texting, or late night hot and steamy conversation, there are many opportunities.
Unforunately, the down sides to online dating are
- The sleazy and dishonest trollers who are mere imposters (cat fishers).
- Those who will lure you in with sad stories, only wanting money or airtime
- Those who say they are single, but actually are not,
- Those who only want the constant sexting, sending ‘dick pics’ and insisting on receiving return pictures of your breasts.
Take care out there and remember… true love does exist.
Be patient and…
Some apps to try:
Bumble: In heterosexual matches, only female users can make the first contact with matched male users, while in same-sex matches either person can send a message first.
OKcupid: OkCupid is a dating app that knows you’re more substance than just a selfie. Answer multiple choice questions so you know stuff about your match before you even match.